In the agreement Eircom will disconnect any user who’s IP address is detected downloading or uploading software by the record companies. So it sounds like we’ll have a few record company skivvies sitting around with a copy of BitTorrent writing down all the IP addresses of those people downloading. There doesn’t appear to be any agreement by Eircom to supply IP addresses to the record companies.
So what does this mean for other broadband providers? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see….
Related articles by Zemanta
- Downloaders face disconnection following Eircom settlement
- Pirate Party Fulfills Opentracker’s Beerware License (torrentfreak.com)
- Pirate Bay Tricks Anti-Pirates with Fake Peers (torrentfreak.com)
- Games firms ‘catching’ non-gamers (news.bbc.co.uk)
- The Pirate Bay Calls For Designs on a Brighter Future (torrentfreak.com)
- Internet downloads bandwidth monitor and prioritizer – NetBalancer (techblissonline.com)