Obviously due to the phenomenal success of the Nintendo Wii, Sony have decided to released a prototype of their next generation motion controller, aptly named the PlayStation Motion Controller. The PlayStation Motion Controller is due to be released as a peripheral to the PS3 and isn’t planned solely to be released with a new console. It’s due to be released in 2010. Here’s the demo video of the controller in action.
Of course, Nintendo are due to release an add on for their Wii controller that will make it more sensitive later this month.
So far it looks “way out there”, maybe they are just using it to sow up all the patents before someone else does!
Here’s their demo video for Project Natal:
Related articles by Zemanta
- PS3 Motion Controller May Be Best Game Motion Capture Yet [Sony] (gizmodo.com)
- Sony joins new ‘controller wars’ (news.bbc.co.uk)
- E3: Struggling Sony vows that it ‘will not become complacent’ (guardian.co.uk)
- E3 2009: Microsoft launches Project Natal Xbox 360 controllerfree games system (telegraph.co.uk)
- Sony Unveils New Portable Game Player (nytimes.com)
- E3 09: Sony shows off new motion controller, not SIXAXIS 2 (destructoid.com)
- E3 2009: Sony demos PS3 motionsensitive controller (telegraph.co.uk)