From the 1st of January 2009 anyone planning to rent or sell their property will be expected to have a Building Energy Rating certificate. However there is much debate whether you need one if your property has been for rent or sale prior to the 1st of January 2009.

According to CJ Walsh (Architect & Fire Engineer), you only require a BER cert if your property has been up for rent or sale after the introduction date. This means we can ignore all the marketing blurb feed to us by the BER rating people that sell us a doomsday scenario if we don’t have one.

So before you go wasting any money, make sure you get some sound advice…

Tags: , , , , ,